On average, we award over
About Our Scholarship Program
The Lawton Business Women’s scholarship encourages graduating high school females from any Lawton-area high school to pursue an undergraduate degree at Cameron University or Great Plains Technology Center (Lawton Campus).
- Applicants must be a graduating high school senior from one of the Lawton-area high schools
- Applicant must be a female
- Applicant must have an unweighted GPA greater than or equal to 2.5
- Applicants must plan to attend Cameron University or Great Plains Technology Center in Lawton, OK
The scholarship selection committee will give equal consideration to academic performance and leadership/participation in high school clubs, extra-curricular activities and community service.
Scholarship Type and Status
The Lawton Business Women scholarship is renewable if eligibility criteria has been met. Recipients may be considered for additional years of scholarship funding, but the recipient must reapply for the scholarship. No one student may receive the scholarship more than four years. To maintain status as a scholarship student, awardees must maintain a 2.5 cumulative grade point average or higher during the term of the scholarship.
To apply for a scholarship with the Lawton Business Women, please submit the following along with a completed application:
- At least (1) letter of recommendation from a high school teacher, counselor, community leader or athletic coach
- Official Transcript